Thursday, February 24, 2011

Busy Days Ahead

Bella, Jim, me and my dad went to the horse shows this weekend.  We wanted one last weekend with Bella before EVERYTHING is focused on Wyatt.  We had a blast and really enjoyed watching those beautiful horses that we have all grown to love.  When we were there I noticed a boy in a wheelchair.  In my heart I knew he had spina bifida.  I got near his mother and could not stop myself from asking her if she minded me asking her some questions about her son.  She said "No, that will be great!"  I then froze! The next thing I said was "He has spina bifida doesn't he?"  She said "Yes he does." And then we acted like we were long lost friends and began talking for another 30 minutes!  Isabella was probably ready to choke me!  It was so comforting to see a family that has walked our path and Spina Bifida is about the least significant thing about their life.  I am so glad that God placed us together and we were able to meet and share this bond of a diagnosis.  As the day went on, I would see him wheeling around, happy, smiling and just being a kid!  My heart smiled at that because I know Wyatt will be okay.  Monday he is scheduled for surgery to lengthen his Achilles tendon on his right foot.  This means he will have an above knee cast for a total of 6 weeks, it means he will be cranky and grouchy, he will have more limited mobility than he is used to but it also means he will hopefully be well on his way to walking.  We have so many people praying for us and all I can say is "Thank You" and keep them coming for the road ahead of us. 
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment