Monday, February 14, 2011

Knife through the heart

We had an awesome weekend!  Saturday was the Dixie National Rodeo.  Jim, Bella, her friend Haley, Wyatt, my dad and I went early Saturday morning to Jackson.  We first watched the parade of like 2000 horses. Wyatt was in heaven.  Then we watched the rodeo and we all LOVED it.  We had so much fun, it was a long but GREAT day.  After we got home and settled in, Wyatt started leaning over and stretching his back again.  He would rub his scar on his back that he calls his Bo-Bo.  Finally, as he is rubbing, he looks at me and says, "Mommy, take my Bo-Bo off!"  I felt as if the wind had been knocked out of me.  As I was holding back tears, I told him I wish I could make it stop hurting and I rubbed his back and gave him a massage.  I think that was the first time in a LONG time that I felt hurt to my soul.  My sweet little baby that has touched so many people and ultimately changed our life for the good forever probably lives daily with more pain than I ever will and you would NEVER know it.  He always has such a brave face.  I wish I could take his place and endure his pain, any mama would want to keep their baby comfortable and safe.  All I can do is pray the God will protect Wyatt and hold him in His hands of mercy and grace.
Jenny

No comments:

Post a Comment